Scallops with Lemon, White Wine, and Capers
Something so luscious, so definitive and clear-cut, so – well – beautiful as fresh scallops deserves a bit of a showcase at the table. Thanks to Boston Sword & Tuna’s shellfish and online fresh fish delivery, you can put fresh scallops atop another one of your favorite foods and surround them with friendly flavors is just such a showcase. There are nearly as many ways to accomplish this as there are cooks and kitchens, but here’s one we could suggest that’s calls forth flavors that our ancestors on Sicily may have enjoyed: lemon, white wine, and capers.
This recipe is based on one pound of scallops. You’ll be surprised and, we think, delighted when you see them emerge from our special, temperature-controlled packaging, one of the keys to our gourmet fresh seafood home delivery online.
- 1 lb. Boston Sword & Tuna fresh scallops
- 1 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. whole-wheat angel hair pasta
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup clam juice
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbl lemon juice
- 1 Tbl capers, chopped
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 Tbl fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot enough to sizzle when a drop of water is added to it, reduce the heat to medium and add your scallops. Brown them on both sides, turning them only once, and then transfer them to a plate. Set aside the skillet.
- While the scallops are browning, carefully place the angel hair pasta in the boiling water and boil for four minutes; then drain and rinse. Your pasta should be almost tender, but not quite, and not yet.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the white wine, clam juice, and cornstarch until the mixture is smooth.
- Re-heat the skillet to medium-high again, stir in the chopped garlic, and cook until softened, just a minute or two. Then add the white wine mixture, bring it all to a boil, and cook until thickened, about two minutes. Now stir in the lemon juice, capers and butter. Cook just a minute or two, until the butter melts.
- Add the scallops and the pasta to the pan, and gently stir until the scallops are bathed in the sauce and heated through, probably just a minute or so.
- For the finishing touch, stir in the fresh chopped parsley, and you’re ready to serve.
As your best fresh seafood market online, our family here at Boston Sword & Tuna stands ready to provide you with the finest selection of fresh seafood available.