Swordfish Meets the Mediterannean
When our family’s forebears set out to prepare swordfish, there were some cool ingredients available around sunny Sicily. Today, just like our shellfish and online fresh fish delivery, you can enjoy this dish most anywhere.
Here’s a recipe that combines what our family knew then with things we’ve learned since – like the things we do now every day to become your best fresh seafood market online by getting fresh fish overnight to your door. We think you’ll enjoy this.
Now the Siciliana Ingredients are Everywhere
Not surprisingly, you’ll want olive oil for this. Raisins, tomatoes, onions, and a clove of garlic also are not unexpected. For personalizing your Swordfish Siciliana, you can choose from pitted olives, capers, and even pine nuts – or add all three.
- 4 eight-ounce Boston Sword & Tuna swordfish steaks
- 3 ounces of raisins
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ pound of diced tomatoes
- 10 green olives, pitted and minced (optional)
- ¼ cup of capers (optional)
- 2 ounces of pine nuts (optional)
- Set three ounces of raisins to soak in lukewarm water.
- While the raisins are soaking, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil.
- When the olive oil is hot, add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft.
- While the onion and garlic are sautéing, season the swordfish with salt and pepper and place the steaks in a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Once the onion and garlic have softened, stir in the tomatoes and raisins and let simmer for one minute.
- Stir in your own selection of green olives, capers, and/or pine nuts and let simmer for another minute or two.
- Pour the onion and garlic mixture over the swordfish steaks, cover, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Excellence and Enjoyment, Hand in Hand
Handed down in our family was a sense that working hard and loving life were not mutually exclusive, and every time we enjoy a recipe like this one, we’re reminded of what an instinct for enjoyment we were fortunate to learn and to share.
At Boston Sword & Tuna we’re dedicated to being your trusted source for gourmet fresh seafood home delivery online. Visit us often and feast your ideas on the selections we have to offer.